FARGO, N.D. (AP) - A group opposed to the design of a flood control project in the Fargo-Moorhead area says it will contest a decision by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources to issue a permit for a revised plan.
The DNR ruled last week that the changes in the Red River diversion project qualify for a permit as long as it meets more than 50 conditions involving project design, construction, operation and maintenance. The DNR had denied the first application for a permit.
Nathan Berseth, spokesman for a group of upstream residents who in 2013 filed a lawsuit opposing the project, said Thursday his group voted to challenge the DNR ruling in front of an administrative law judge.
Representatives with the DNR and Fargo-Moorhead Diversion Authority could not be immediately reached for comment.